Sometimes I get a powerful NEED to eat something sweet, and sometimes it needs to be warm… with melting butter ontop.
This afternoon for lunch I craved banana bread so bad SO I MADE SOME cause I DO WHAT I WANT! I felt like doing something special with it this time around because I make alot of banana bread these days and I wanted to up the stakes.
Warning, this shit bout to get fancy!
YOU WILL NEED
- 1/4 cup of melty butter (warm not hot)
- 1/5 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cream cheese (I had it left over in the fridge and thought “WHY NOT!” so if you don’t want to use this you totally don’t have to.)
- NUTS! I add about a handful of walnuts and a handful of sunflower seeds.
- 1 or 2 bananas
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour (I use wholemeal for everything if i can help it, again you don’t have to if you prefer white.)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vanilla roasted strawberries (see below for the HOW-TO’s on this.. its mega easy)
- 2 strawberries to slice for the top
Because Im a fancy motherfugga, I roasted my sliced up strawberries in sugar and vanilla extract before starting the actual banana bread.
All I did was, thickly slice up a cup of strawberries, toss together with sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Put it on a cooking pan (lined with baking paper AND YOU WILL WANT TO DO THIS cause it kinda caramelises and goes sticky as hell… save yourself the scrubbing and use baking paper for the love of god) and roast for like, 5 mins.
Once done, set aside to cool while you do everything else.
Preheat your oven to about 180 / 200 deg. Mine is a fan forced electric, don’t ask me about gas ovens or any others cause I have no idea… make it hot? yeah!
Whisk together your sugar, eggs and melty butter. Don’t eat it, I did and it tasted great but its raw eggs man… so don’t.
Add in the vanilla, mashed nanas, cream cheese and mix together.
Add your flour, cinnamon and baking soda, PLUS NUTS and your strawberry mix. Stir it all together and it will probably go pink!
Pour it all into your baking tin (lined) and if you want to be ultra deluxe (like me) add your 2 strawberries sliced to the top of your mix once its all smooth.
Let that cook for about 45 mins to an hour. I checked mine after 1 hour and it needed a lil extra so I guess just keep checking while your house slowly starts smelling like the most delicious thing EVER!
You will know its ready when you can stick a knife in the center and it comes out clean.
EAT THAT SONOVABITCH!
It tastes like Channing Tatum sex is happening in your mouth.