Remember sitting around the camp-fire as a child, roasting a marshmallow & pressing it between a sandwich of chocolate and Graham cracker? … okay Me neither, it’s better known as an American tradition but I’ve never been one to shy away from the genius that is the American food. To celebrate Pi day, I attempted a pintrest inspired treat, a delicious pie done in the style of S’mores to bring in to work.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
S’more Pie Ingredients:
- Packet of plain biscuits (I use Rice Cookies ),
- 100g Butter,
- 300ml thickened cream (Best Brownes Thickened Cream),
- Cooking Chocolate Chips Milk 230g (Recommend Cadbury),
- 1 egg,
- Marshmallows 250g (Pascall Marshmallows are good, if you can get all white even better)
S’more Pie Instructions:
- Break up the biscuits and put them into a food processor until it becomes a fine consistency.
- Melt butter in microwave
- Combine biscuits and butter into a baking dish (25cm diameter is good) and smoosh around the bottom of a bowl to form a base.
- Place into fridge to chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat Oven at 175°C (350°F)
- Scold cream on stove top (basically heat before boil – what does this mean?!)
- Melt chocolate in microwave.
- Combine cream, chocolate and egg, mix well until all combined.
- Pour into chilled biscuit base and put into oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven and add marshmallows on top
- Put back into oven for 5 mins or until marshmallows spread across the top
- Optional – grill pie for a couple of minutes to darken up the marshmallows
- Not optional – Enjoy your S’more pie!
Brands that do a good job 🙂
Yum! so give it a go, but be prepared for a sugar nap!